From the roof to the floor, CSI’s diving team of greatly skilled inspectors and technicians utilize sophisticated equipment to scrutinize and evaluate the coating on any type of water reservoir.
The divers employ digital audio/video recording systems to document every square foot of your tank’s coatings without having it drained or taken out of service.
Based on industry standards and CSI’s years of experience, diving technicians follow specific processes and methods in determining the condition of your coating and structure, such as those established by the American Water Works Association (AWWA) and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). CSI’s inspection findings result in a thorough report that includes recommendations for repair and improvements, designed to minimize your costs, reduce or eliminate the downtime of your reservoir, and ensure the maximum life of your water tank.
AWWA and NFPA recommend that all tanks be inspected every 3 to 5 years. Coating systems may last in excess of 35 years if properly maintained. CSI continually meets this standard for its clients — a clear reason why it is one of the most respected and sought-after companies in the industry.
The following services are provided by CSI:
• Evaluations: CSI recognizes that your tank’s coating system is its first, and often only, line of defense against corrosion. This is where our expertise gives added value. CSI helps protect your reservoir from failing by providing a meticulous inspection and evaluating the coating and levels of corrosion, so that we can implement an efficient tank-maintenance plan. CSI’s evaluation also extends to reviewing applicable safety, sanitary, vandalism and seismic concerns.
• Repairs: CSI divers are equipped and highly skilled at performing underwater repairs to your reservoir. Utilizing a sophisticated scope, divers can efficiently and accurately repair any coating defect using power equipment. Repairs are done using underwater- curing, NSF-certified materials that can extend the life of existing systems by more than 50 percent.
• Cleaning: Over time, sediment settles inside reservoirs and builds up on the floor, contributing to poor water quality. CSI’s team is experienced at expediting a thorough cleaning with satisfying results, meeting AWWA and NFPA guidelines.
• Tank Maintenance Plan: CSI’s expertise includes not only evaluating individual tanks, but also developing a tank-maintenance plan where all tanks in a system are viewed as a whole. This ultimately results in life-cycle cost savings.
• Seismic Baseline Survey: Preparation and planning are the foundation for a successful emergency response to any disaster. CSI provides a pre-event baseline survey and response handbook to assist emergency responders with ascertaining the condition of a water storage tank after a seismic or other event. Should your structure become damaged during an earthquake, this document becomes vital in dealing with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and state-emergency services.